Care of your Rugs
Caring for your Rugs
All our Hug Rugs are made using only top quality materials. They are easy to care for and our cotton Hug Rugs get more absorbent with every wash.
Please follow the instructions below when caring for your Hug Rug. Only wash the Hug Rug when necessary.
- New Hug Rugs may shed excess cotton, this is normal and will stop once it has been brushed a few times or washed.
- To save water – allow mud and dirt to dry and then simply brush it away.
- To give the rug a longer life place it in a cotton pillow case, and machine wash on cotton wash at 30ºC.
- Excess cotton may arise in filter – so check filter on washing machine regularly.
- Do not use biological washing detergent as this may fade the colour.
- Do not use fabric conditioner as this will reduce the effect of its performance.
- Flat, Aga rail or line dry naturally. Hug Rugs can be tumble dried on a cool setting for 10 minutes to plush the pile – this is optional.
- Never place a Hug Rug on a damp floor.
- Never place a Hug Rug in the tumble dryer on high heat setting for a long period of time.
- As with any soft furnishings – if left in direct sunlight the colour will fade.
- Leaving a steam cleaner on the Hug Rug for too long may cause the backing to crumple.
Our mats are designed not to leave marks, however a combination of cleaning products, sunlight & heat may effect and/or cause discolouration to certain types of flooring when covered. We would advise you to please lift the mat frequently to allow the floor under the mat to be cleaned and aired. Our backing is a natural based product free, from vinyl & PVC. For specialist flooring please check with the manufacturer before using any rubber backed mats.
Our gorgeous Woven rugs, throws and cushions are all washable. So if they get dirty don’t worry!
You can wash them at home at 30°C – if it’s too big to fit in to your washing machine you can hand wash or take to a launderette. Stains wash out easily and your rug, throw or cushion will come out looking like new. They are very quick to dry so no need to even consider putting them in the tumble dryer (not good for the environment or your bills!)
• Vacuum regularly using low suction or shake the rug to get rid of any debris.
• For spills and stains, blot up excess with a clean white cloth or paper towel - never rub as this can spread the spill.
• Working from the outer edge of the stain to the centre, apply appropriate carpet cleaner with a clean cloth.
• Once the excess is removed you can wash at 30°C and allow to dry naturally.
Coir makes for a great environmentally friendly doormat: it is durable, made from natural materials, and looks warm and welcoming at your door. They can also last for years if they're taken care of properly. It just takes a little water and brush to keep the doormats clean and looking great.
• Scrape off mud, dirt and debris.
• Hang the doormat outside and beat it with the handle of a broom.
• Use a stiff-bristle brush and water to clean off any remaining dirt particles.
• Lay flat to dry.
Mat washing instructions -
• Allow mud and dirt to dry and then simply vacuum it away.
• To give the rug a longer life place it in a cotton pillow case, machine wash at 30ºC with drum at 600 approx.
• Line dry.
• Do not use biological washing detergent.
• Do not use fabric conditioner as this will reduce the effect of its performance.
• Never place the mat over a radiator to dry.
• Never put the mat in tumble dryer on high heat setting for long period of time.
Ours mats are designed not to leave marks, however we would advise you to please lift the mat frequently to allow the car boot under the mat to be cleaned and aired. Our backing is a natural based product free from vinyl & PVC.